I’m looking forward to teaching a writing workshop at the John Campbell Folk School at Christmastime 2011. The class is called The Gift of Writing; we gather Dec. 4-10, 2011 in beautiful, hilly North Carolina. Here’s the blurb from their catalog:
Join us as we coax forth our best seasonal memories. Whether your recollection takes the form of a short story, a chapter in a novel, an article destined for a magazine, an essay or memoir, an annual holiday letter, or even a series of holiday greeting cards, we’ll polish that cherished memory to a festive luster. O come, all ye faithful, to create written holiday keepsakes your family will enjoy for years to come. All levels welcome!
* * * * *
I am always receptive to conducting ad-hoc workshops via my Rubicon Writers Salon series of master classes. Typically these have been writing classes, but I welcome all suggestions. Contact me with ideas or suggestions.
A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
Summary of my workshops:
- Systems Thinking: The Path to Business Breakthroughs
- Critical Thinking: Strategies for Solving the Problems that Matter
- Media Training, aka Man vs. Beast
- Business Writing: Managing the Flow of Communications
- Speech Writing, Coaching, and Delivery Effectiveness
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Truly Understand Your Customer
- How to Get Along with Hostile People
- How to Conduct Effective Job Interviews
- Networking for Introverts
- Be Honest: How Do You Make Decisions? Solve Problems?
- Presentation Skills that Work For You and Not Against You
* * *
Contact me to inquire about customizing remarks for your group, ordinarily around these topics:
* Leadership Development
* Anticipating Change
* Communication Skills
* Overcoming Adversity
* * *